BAKADDE FOUNDATION NETWORK
Uganda is a good country, where its people are friendly and lovely; indeed it’s a pearl of Africa with the green environment. International volunteers receive warm welcome from our members and staff. Once you are here, we treat you like you are home. To experience the green land referred to as the “Banana republic.” you will not regret.
Bakadde Foundation Network (BAFNET) has a number of volunteer programmes and activities throughout the year among which includes community sensitization, education, health, Counseling and guidance, economic empowerment, training, awareness and capacity building , Psychosocial support, monitoring and evaluations, forming networks and creating network opportunities, lobbying and advocating with donors.
The volunteers we receive vary in age, ethnicity, faith, gender, sexual orientation, and professional backgrounds. Our volunteers are students, lawyers, nurses, accountants, electricians, marketers, sales people, information technology experts, human resource people, homemakers, teachers, and retired people. These offer wide range of services like; treatment to the elderly and orphans, organize events, participate in fund-raising to some of our activities, provide logistical support, develop programmes, assist with promotional events, develop new resources and link the organization to different partners’ world wide, train and carry out community sensitization, counseling and guidance.
Bafnet undertakes programmes and activities geared towards helping chronically poor elderly and orphans. These activities in particular involve working with the communities, different partners and all stake holders
The organization currently has footage in six districts of Uganda among which includes Kampala, Mpigi, Wakiso, Mityana, Mukono and Masaka where it operates. The placements vary depending on the volunteer’s time of stay while in Uganda. They may be of one week, two weeks, one month or so as the volunteer may wish basing on his/her choice.
What does BAFNET offer to a volunteer?
- The organization will be able to liaise and coordinate with the volunteers while they are still in their country of residence until the time they come to Uganda.
- The organization will be responsible to pick up the volunteer from the airport on arrival.
- The organization will be able to provide a good transport means while in Uganda.
- Training, He or she will be trained about the work to be done once he or she is here.
- Material to be used like Pens, note books, T-shirts will be provided to the volunteer after training.
- Enough security will be provided to the volunteer while he or she is in Uganda.
- Provide guidance to the volunteer while in Uganda.
The Volunteer is free to select where he or she wants to spend the nights while in Uganda with the help of Bakadde Foundation Network, the organization has two modes of accommodation in place for volunteers to choose from that is to say;
- The organization will be responsible in booking a good hotel where a volunteer will spend his or her time while in Uganda.
- All meals will be catered for by the hotel.
Organized homes/ A host family
- The organization will arrange for you an organized home where a volunteer can spend his or her time while in Uganda.
- All meals will be provided for by this home or host family.
The costs for the above modes of stay will vary depending on the foreign-exchange rates at the time of placement.
Medical Insurance costs, the volunteer while in Uganda will be required to secure his or her medical insurance from the insurance providers with the help of the organization.
Incidental costs, volunteers should ensure that they have adequate funds as general spending money for souvenirs etc as well as access to reserve funds in case of emergency.
Note: The organization shall not give out any allowances to a volunteer once he or she is in Uganda.
Benefits of Volunteering
Volunteering at Bakadde Foundation Network (BAFNET) is very rewarding. You get to meet many different types of people and form solid relationships based on mutual respect, understanding, and caring. As our volunteer you will:
- Make a difference in people’s lives
- Gain experience from working with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- You will obtain new skills and develop a wide network.
- Develop a range of skills and experience that can be used in ones every day life
- Receive ongoing education and development
- Do your part in bringing about social change of our beneficiaries.
- You will be given an assessment or an evaluation letter once in Uganda.
- You will remain in our data base and you will be affiliated to BAFNET all the time; you will act as our ambassador in your home country after your work.
The organization also benefited greatly from previous set of Volunteers which led to our development and growth to a larger extent.
For more information contact us on our
Tel: +256757034854, +256703986277